All nominees must have:
- Had considerable participation as an undergraduate student in the FSU Band Program; and/or
- Served as an FSU College of Music faculty member.
All nominees will be considered for induction based on at least one of the following three criteria:
- Having made significant contributions to the FSU Marching Chiefs Alumni through service and/or financial support over a sustained period of time which reflect positively on FSU and its band program;
- Having attained accomplishments at the national or broader regional level of importance to bands or band music over a sustained period of time which reflect positively on FSU and its band program; and/or
- Having attained accomplishments in their chosen field of national importance and over a sustained period of time which reflect positively on FSU and its band program.
Nomination And Election Process
Completed nomination forms must be electronically submitted to the Chair of the FSUMCA Board of Directors no later than December 31st. Those submitting nominations should review the criteria closely and be aware of the levels of achievement and recognition the Wall of Fame represents.
Nominations will be reviewed during the first half of the year and recommended candidates will be submitted to the FSUMCA Board of Directors for approval. Nominees not approved by the Board will not be considered again for at least five years. Board approval of a nominee is contingent on the nominee’s ability to attend the event designated by the Board to formally present the award, such as Homecoming.